[Ovmsdev] some partial success

Nikolay Shishkov nshishkov at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 22:41:02 HKT 2013

Thanks for all the advice!

After I issued the MODULE command, I was able to get results from my code.
So to the next problem.
I changed one of the CAN filters to match a 0x30? message, and then in a switch run a piece of code for message 0x301. This code should extract data from the 8 bytes of the CAN message.
The thing is - the result from the extraction was ok the first couple of times, and since then no matter how I update the expression to fetch the value I get exactly the same value as before...
So I wonder - have I crashed the CAN bus transceiver? Do I need to supply a confirmation, that I handle the message or is this handled by the framework?
Or is this something to do with saving variables in a place where suddenly I can not write anymore?

Also - the volt/ampera and the tesla files have
#pragma udata overlay vehicle_overlay_data
As I understand to reduce RAM usage, while the twizy file does not... I added it to my Think file, but am not sure - could that have messed up the stuff?

What is the correct car_* variable to put the pack voltage and pack current in?

Thanks again,
Nikolay