[Ovmsdev] some partial success

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Jan 2 18:43:53 HKT 2013

Nikolay,

the documentation needs some updates, the vehicle
type parameter is new.

Easiest GPRS test is done by using the standard
server and the iOS or Android App.

To set up your own OVMS server, you need a public
IP, a mysqld and perl. See "server" directory in
the git repository.

Set up some mysql schema e.g. "ovms" and access,
prime the schema using "mysql ovms <
ovms_server.sql" and change "ovms_server.conf"
accordingly.

To be able to connect your module, manually add an
entry to the ovms_cars table like this:

insert into ovms_cars set vehicleid='...',
carpass='...', userpass='...', changed=now();

The server is started by "./ovms_server.pl" (or
"perl ovms_server.pl" if non-UNIX). Configure your
module using "GPRS" and "SERVER" and you should
see log output from the server (stdout).

It's best to start without paranoid mode, so you
can read what's happening.

Btw: I had trouble with my first SIM card as well
in the beginning. That was network/provider
related, after letting the module on for some
hours, the GPRS registration suddenly succeeded
and has been quick + stable since.