[Ovmsdev] Quick update on Tazzari CAN Logs

Patrick Kapsch patrick.kapsch at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 23:39:14 HKT 2013

Hi guys,
I just wanted to give you a quick update on my reverse engineering on the Tazzari Zero CAN-Bus. I've put together the Y-Cable-Adapter to attach the service-console as well as the USB-Interface to the Bus (see picture attached). As my dealer needs to get back his tools I borrowed, I wasn't really able to dive deeply into the messages, but I found the SOC and a charge-status that indicates whether or not the car charges. I will hopefully be able to write down all values that are provided by next week.

LevAhR
This is the state of charge in percentage

Request:
0x78A	75 21 F9 EF

Response:
0x775	0A A1 F9 EF 00 00 03 E8
Value 100.0%
03 E8 represent 1000 = 100.0 % SOC

Charge Status
Values to determine whether the car charges or not.

Request:
0x78A	75 21 F6 E0

Response:
0x775	0A A1 F6 E0 00 00 00 63
Value "reset" (not charging)

0x775	0A A1 F6 E0 00 00 00 00
Value "SUV" (charging)
Note: there are more than these two values while the charging comes to an end. I'll know them soon. But for now !=reset should do the job for charging true.

I'm still searching for a way to tell if the car is parked or not. As far as I know by now there is nothing on the Bus that indicates this. Is a GPS-Based determination generally possible? The OVMS would have to check the coordinates periodically and compare them. A charging process indicates a parked car as well, and could turn of the GPS comparison.

Regards,
Patrick Kapsch