[Ovmsdev] Problems with GPRS initialization

Jack West jackduncanwest at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 13:34:04 HKT 2013

I might have told you backwards.  From the manual:

Enable or Disable GPRS Data access

The OVMS module includes a hardware switch that enables or disables the GPRS data mode, which is used by the smartphone Apps. The switch is on the main board (which is on top and smaller) along the inside edge. See the red arrow in the photo at the top of the next page.

Sliding the switch towards the LED lights will disable GPRS data. Sliding it away from the LED lights will enable GPRS data. If you will solely be using text messages to communicate with the OVMS module, then you should slide the switch to disable GPRS data communication. If you will be using a smartphone App, then make sure the switch is set to enable GPRS data communication.

Jack