[Ovmsdev] YouTube Google Hangout

Paul Churchley paul at churchley.org
Wed Dec 18 12:11:08 HKT 2013

Hi,

Nikki, Kevin Sharpe and a few others know me but for everyone else... I
live near Plymouth, Devon, UK, and I am very interested in OVMS. I have had
a Leaf  for 2 1/2 yrs (delivered same day as Nikki IIRC) and a Vauxhall
Ampera for 1 1/2 yrs. I am an experienced programmer but very out of
practice and I run my own small web development/hosting company. So I am OK
at web site development (not so good at design - no artistic talent at
all!) in LAMP as well as Microsoft stuff (WinSvr, MSSQL etc & I have MCSD,
MCSE, MCDBA). As I say, I am up to speed with LAMP/WAMP and web/hosting
stuff and I am pretty good with databases but as far as programming goes I
would say I am mostly out of practice so what I do I do slowly! I am sure
I'd pick up speed with practice though but I wouldn't suggest I tackle
anything major just yet!

I am not sure how I can help but as I have both a Leaf and Ampera I would
like to help out where I can... no matter what it is. I picked up on Nikki
possibly doing a hangout on OVMS 101 which might be great for me as I know
pretty much nothing right now so I thought I'd say hi and make myself known.

As I say, I know pretty much nothing about OVMS, CAN busses or anything
else but keen to learn and as I am self-employed with very little work
right now I have a fair bit of time to offer.

So, I hope that Nikki does the OVMS 101... I'll be there! In the meantime,
if there is anything I can do please say.

Paul Churchley