[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield nikki at aminorjourney.com
Wed Dec 18 04:06:01 HKT 2013

Okay guys.

I’ve done a couple of quick tests with the new beta software.

First up, it installs (Which is good, of course) Second up: I was able to drive around the block and see some SOC reports. What did appear to happen is that SOC dropped and then went back up again. I had values from 27% SOC down to 14% SOC to Empty and back up to 22% SOC.  I’d guesstimate my real SOC was nearer 45%.  (Although I didn’t check with LEAFSpy)

Of course, I need to check the other bits and bobs too — Park/Drive status seems to work with the car on — but with the module rebooted, it forgets what was previously on. This is a problem I believe with the LEAF CAN bus, which turns itself off when parked. I’m guessing we’ll need to figure out a way to wake up CAN and then switch back off again? (That said,I think it’s supposed to stay on when charging… and I’m currently charging)

I’ll play a little more tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week. I’ll also try and get some decent logs if I can.

Nikki.