[Ovmsdev] Ovms for Think City - definition of variable car_tbattery

Håkon Markussen hakon.markussen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:51:19 HKT 2013

Hi all,

I'm a new user and have starting to develop/configure on the OVMS for Think
City.
Currently I've made success with both SMS and App interrogation and it
works well!

The result and some screenshots can be viewed at the Norwegian EV-forum in
this post:
http://elbilforum.no/forum/index.php/topic,6755.0.html

Due to some problems with the definition of global variables (changing more
files than vehicle_thinkcity.c), I've been doing my development locally,
not uploaded anything to GitHub.

The main problem is that the variable car_tbattery is defined as signed
char.
Most Think City EV's have a "Zebra-battery" which operating temperature is
about 270 degrees celcius (oC).
E.g. sending temperature 264 oC requires 9 bits -> 1 0000 10000
I think the signed char offers only 8 bits (bit 7 is set for negative
numbers), and turns my value into
0000 1000 -> 8 oC ...

I understand that the OVMS-server (and the App) knows that car_tbattery is
signed char, so to get around this I will ask if it's possible to redefine
car_tbattery as signed int ?

As a second priority request, I would also ask if it's possible to add
pack_voltage and pack_current to the global variables
ovms.c
unsigned int car_pack_voltage = 0; // Zebra battery pack voltage
signed int car_pack_current = 0;  // Zebra battery pack temp
ovms.h
extern unsigned int car_pack_voltage; // Zebra battery pack voltage
extern signed int car_pack_current;  // Zebra battery pack temp

I'm not sure how things are done here, so have me excused if I ask a little
too much.

Best regards
Håkon