[Ovmsdev] Ovms for Think City - definition of variable car_tbattery

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Aug 15 23:28:43 HKT 2013

Wow! Nice reading about your progress. Looks like you have a few developers on board to help you.

It would be good to get your project integrated with the main OVMS code, so we can all see and work on it. Best to fork the latest OVMS, then make your changes and send me a pull request to merge in.

For the car_tbattery, changing signed int16 should be fine. Let me check tomorrow (I need to review the existing vehicle module and apps code).

For the other vehicle-specific parameters, what I have been thinking is to introduce an X type, and provide a hook for the vehicle module to provide it on request. That should be very expandable and allow vehicle-specific parameters to be supported and sent to the server and apps. If a particular variable is used by several vehicles, it should be standardised and put into ovms.h, otherwise it can be kept vehicle-specific. If you look at the tesla or Twizy vehicle modules you will see a local vehicle variables section at the top - that is arranged as an overlay so all vehicles share the same physical memory (only one vehicle active at once).

Regards, Mark