[Ovmsdev] i-Miev/C-Zero/iOn

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Apr 29 16:42:39 HKT 2013

One thought: there is _one_ way to do this. The old OVMS v1 hardware PIC board is just a small piggy-back board designed to fit on top of the modem. Without the modem, it has a TTL-level serial port available. Put it through a TTL-RS232 converter circuit (many available as plug-in modules), or a TTL-USB converter (again, modules available like this one from sparkfun). Then, roll-your-own software (not hard - just rip out everything from base ovms project, set a mask to pickup all can traffic, then output as ascii to serial port).

If anyone wants to try this, just pay postage (a couple of bucks) as the boards are lying around as warranty spares.

Regards, Mark