[Ovmsdev] Progress with the Renault Twizy's remote start/stop.

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Apr 22 11:47:27 HKT 2013

Nikki,

> This would certainly give us the ability to control power on and off, but it would also (I think) remove the "don't power on while plugged in" safety in the Twizy. Technically then, if we used this setup and energised the NC relay to stop charging, you could then get IN the Twizy, power it up and try to drive off with it still plugged into the mains. NOT good!

Not sure about that. If the breaker tripped, can you drive off? If I was designing it, I'd put the sensor on the charge port door open/close, not on whether power was flowing.

Certainly worth a test, as that is something that definitely happens and needs to be protected against.

> Photos, for the curious, are here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/aminorjourney/8667778563/in/set-72157633073576153/

I looked, and wished I hadn't. That is one filthy charger. Big puddles where you live?

Regards, Mark.