[Ovmsdev] Roadster CAC Research

Tom Saxton tom at idleloop.com
Sat Apr 13 01:26:07 HKT 2013

Mark,

I wouldn¹t expect the CAC to change during a charge, even if your firmware
is querying for new values during that time. I¹m only seeing the CAC change
about 10 minutes after a charge, or drive, and not every time.

My CAC changes pretty often when I do a drive/charge cycle: sometimes after
the drive, sometimes after the charge, sometimes both, occasionally neither.

Perhaps the v2.x Roadsters have a different CAC calculation that¹s less
volatile than the v1.5 Roadsters.

I¹d be interested to hear from other v2.x Roadster owners about how their
CAC values change. If anyone is interested, I can share my custom firmware
that records info on when the CAC changes. Send me a private message if
you¹d like to geek out on CAC values. Tell me your hardware version and time
zone offset, as I have to do a special build for each time zone so I can
convert from GMT to local time correctly.

    Tom