[Ovmsdev] GPS Logs (TWIZY) -- Future Feature?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Apr 6 22:29:30 HKT 2013

Nikki, Mark,

I decided against adding the current power to the GPS log because that's
something not defined in the general virtual car model, all other cars
lack this feature, and I wanted to make the GPS log function fit for
inclusion in the framework first.

I currently send the power usage log (RT-PWR-UsageStats) once per
minute. You can correlate that to the GPS log to get the power usage of
minute long sections, but that's a lot of manual work and not very
detailed (e.g. for hills).

Btw: using the power collection feature, you can also measure certain
route parts: easiest way is to turn the Twizy on just before driving the
section, then turn the Twizy off and check the power stats message. But
a combined GPS track would of course be far better and more accurate.

Mark, you mentioned a "kWh used" value with the driving log function, so
I guess we can think about adding the power usage to the standard car model?

But I'm not sure yet if the way I currently collect power usages is
suitable and sufficient as a standard. As I wrote in the docs, that's
work in progress... any thoughts on this?