[Ovmsdev] An update on OVMS Pre-Orders

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Sep 26 16:24:54 HKT 2012

Open Vehicle Monitoring System
An update on OVMS Pre-Orders

The first pre-orders went smoothly, and boxes have already started to arrive.

We've just received a batch of 100 modules, sufficient to satisfy all pre-orders, so you will all be getting your invite very soon. We're going to do a final QC check on Friday 28th, and if all is ok the general invite will go out that day - so keep an eye on your mailboxes.

The pricing for the new v2 modules is unchanged. For Tesla Roadster owners, this will be:

OVMS Car Module v2		US$ 99.00
OVMS Tesla Roadster Cable	US$  7.50
OVMS GSM Antenna		US$  2.50
(all the above including air-mail shipping)

EMS shipping (to USA): 		US$ 20.00 (estimate)

TOTAL should be around US$129.00 (confirm at checkout)

Note: EMS shipping is required on this, due to the value of the goods

	[ Note that the older hand-built v1 modules were sold at US$99 (module) + US$35 (shipping) = US$134.00 total ]

The China partner has also got PICKIT-2 compatible programmers up on their site for US$19.99 (including shipping). These are used to upgrade the firmware on the OVMS box (and that price is cheap enough that all users can now consider it).

Best Regards,
openvehicles.com