[Ovmsdev] Merging in Twizy and Volt/Ampera work

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Nov 19 03:32:58 HKT 2012

Am 18.11.2012 13:38, schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:
> I've just pushed my last set of changes. It seems ok from my end now.
> The code runs and sms commands function as expected. I've added a
> capabilities message that is sent car->server->apps and will be useful
> to tailor the app functions to what the car can do.

As everything so far seems to be working pretty well, I'll next add the
msg cmd handlers for my commands, to see how that fits.

I'll first need cmd codes for...

DEBUG
RANGE
CA

...plus a new common code for "ALERT", if you agree on routing the
net_msg_alert() function through the dispatcher as well to allow vehicle
control over this.

For vehicle specific cmds you wrote earlier we could just use arbitrary
codes 200+, can I still do so or do you want to directly assign standard
codes for some of them?

...if some cmd later becomes standard, we can just add that code to the
dispatcher switch:
     case 7: // standard cmd: DEBUG
     case 200: // obsolete specific cmd: DEBUG
         do_alert(...);
...at least if the arguments match the standard :-)

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal