[Ovmsdev] New features: sufficient charge alerts, ideal max range

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Nov 12 00:56:29 HKT 2012

Mark,

it doesn't seem the old Android App supports setting arbitrary features?
I currently have to use SMS to set them.

I need these configs to be persistent as the module does quite a lot of
resets at the moment, it seems especially if GPRS connectivity is bad.

I just had to take yet another persistent feature slot (13) in use to
store my last known range due to permanently losing my range
calculations during charge.

I tried to sort out why I get those resets and found the
     // Temporary kludge to record in feature #10 the number of times
this happened
...but my value was not increased, even after I watched the module doing
a reset.

Is there another condition for an automatic reset? I found none...

I thought feature slots are especially meant for this kind of user
configuration. I could avoid using feature slots at all if a) the module
would only do a reset if absolutely needed (so I don't lose my local
configuration) and b) I can introduce a car specific command to set my
local configuration. Or is there another way?