[Ovmsdev] Merging in Twizy and Volt/Ampera work

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Nov 17 03:52:42 HKT 2012

Mark,

I followed your branch naming, "v2" on my repository adds my latest
Twizy changes to the new framework.

Stunningly, V2 worked out of the box :-) Great job!

I will look into integrating the internal GPS flag so we don't need a
compiler switch for this as well. Does it make sense to couple this to
the car type or could someone with a GPS equipped car have some reason
to occasionally use the OVMS GPS instead?

I'll also port my specific STAT? version to the new framework ASAP.

I have one concern for the overlaying of the vehicle RAM sections: I now
changed most of my state variables to uninitialized to harden against
crash resets (we've got SRAM after all). That works quite well with the
old framework. I had no reset with V2 up to now -- my concern is, that
an initialized overlay from another vehicle will initialize my variables
as well. As all vehicle modules exist side by side now, can we introduce
two data sections, one explicitly being uninitialized? #pragma idata
seems to be meant for something like that, but everything's now in
udata, even initialized vars...