[Ovmsdev] OVMS ODBII Cable

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Nov 13 08:43:03 HKT 2012

Brian,

The Tesla Roadster has two connectors - (1) a proprietary connector for 3 CAN buses that we call DIAG, and (2) an OBDII port.

OVMS uses the DIAG connector to get access to a single CAN bus that contains the messages we need.

I recall that by law, all cars sold in USA must have an OBDII connector and it is found close to the steering wheel (something like within 2 feet?).

Regards, Mark.