[Ovmsdev] General issue: metric system ;-)

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Nov 3 22:08:27 HKT 2012

Michael,

I think that the protocol requires Miles for this, and the Apps convert as necessary. From a precision point of view, it would be best to store it in the user's chosen units, but we do try to minimise what is done in the can bus interrupt service routines.

It is not so easy to change, but I'll see what is the best way. For the moment, best to leave it in miles?

Regards, Mark.

P.S.		Miles -> Kilometer formula is (((miles << 4)+5)/10))
		I am sure there is something equally efficient for kilometers -> miles
		Best to avoid using floating point - especially in the interrupt service routines