[Ovmsdev] Another Preview for the new iOS App

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon May 7 09:55:07 HKT 2012

Felix,

> just a couple of questions. where and how is the timed charge supported??

Currently, I've added support to the App to show the charging is delayed by timer. It shows in the plug graphic with a switch slid to the left and the words "TIMED CHARGE". Sliding the switch to the right will start the charge immediately (overriding the timer delay). It looks almost identical to the normal "SLIDE TO CHARGE" mechanism, just with different wording.

I want to add support to the car module for (a) sending current charge delay mode (charge on plugin or charge on timer) and time, and (b) support changing the mode from the App. But, that is going to require a firmware change to the car firmware which I'm doing in the current set of updates. So, full App support will come later. I think in the App, this can go on the current battery-tap screen that sets current limit and mode.

> also was wondering if you are planning on looking at the on off switches etc for ease of use of the functions such as CAN write mode etc,  that we had discussed or you will leave that for now....?

Yes, I want to do this. That is almost the last thing pending on this version, before we should be good to release.

The other minor thing is the graphic for the car with groups. I'm going to add a global "Settings" control to allow opt-out of sending the chosen car image name up to the server for distribution to people who subscribe to the groups. It will default on, but can be disabled. If on, the app will tell the server (when logging in) what car color choice has been made by the user, and the server will send that information along with the group messages. This will allow us to display the correct car colors on the groups map. Not too big a change, but needs to be co-ordinated with the Android release.

Regards, Mark.