[Ovmsdev] iOS App v1.2.0
MRamakers at talpa.tv
Mon Mar 12 14:50:10 HKT 2012
I had the same problem as Rens, until I set feature 15 to 1. Now the App is not crashing anymore and door lock unlock, valet and charging are working just fine.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Op 12 mrt. 2012 om 01:34 heeft "Mark Webb-Johnson" <mark at webb-johnson.net<mailto:mark at webb-johnson.net>> het volgende geschreven:
Re: The PIN code.
This is the PIN code in the car. If you don't know it, you'll have to call your Tesla contact (ranger/salesman) and they should be able to tell you. It is the same code that you enter in the car to activate valet mode.
Re: The write-enable on the CAN bus
This is feature #15 and you need to set it to 1 and then reboot the module. You can do this either from the App (Control button, then Features, then change the feature #15 to 1 and click away, then choose "Reset OVMS Module" from the Control menu), or from SMS "FEATURE 15 1" then "REBOOT".
Re: The crash
I just tried sending an incorrect PIN code to my car, but didn't get any crash. I think there is something else more complex going on here.
Apple feeds back crash reports to me when there are enough of them. But, at the moment Apple is showing the "Not enough crashes" screen to me.
To get the crash report to me, you can sync your iPhone to your computer, then look in:
* Mac OS X : ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
* Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/
* Windows Vista: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
The report file names start with the application name and have the extension “crash” (Open Vehicles*.crash). They are just plain text files and can be sent by e-mail in original or zipped form, or even copy-pasted into your e-mail program.
The usual recommendation (in order of severity) for such issues on iOS is:
1. First, try force-quitting the application. Double-click the home button to bring up the list of recent apps, then hold down your finger on the "Open Vehicle" icon until it starts wiggling, then press the little "-" in a circle to force quit the application. Press the home button to stop the wiggling, then try re-launching the application as normal.
2. If that doesn't work, try rebooting the iPhone. Hold the power button down for a few seconds until you get "Slide to power off". Do that, then wait for the device to shut down completely (the little spinning icon will disappear). Then, hold the power button down for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears and wait for boot up (about 30 seconds to a minute). Then, try launching the application as normal.
3. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the application then re-installing it from the App store. This will wipe all settings and configuration data for the application, so you will need to re-setup your car.
Please let us know how you get on.
On 12 Mar 2012, at 5:09 AM, Rens Meijer wrote:
I updated my car firmware (done by FuzzyLogic) and I updated to the new iPhone version. All seemed fine until I clicked the lock/unlock car feature. It asked me for a pincode and because I don’t know any pincode to lock/unlock I typed a code that I often used. Then the iPhone app crashed and when I want to restart the app it immediately crashes when it starts up. My question is: what pincode is needed for the lock/unlock feature and do we need to send a command to the module to enable write to the canbus? Any ideas why the app crashes?
Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Van: ovmsdev-bounces at lists.teslaclub.hk<mailto:ovmsdev-bounces at lists.teslaclub.hk> [mailto:ovmsdev-bounces at lists.teslaclub.hk] Namens Mark Webb-Johnson
Verzonden: vrijdag 9 maart 2012 3:16
Aan: OVMS Developers
Onderwerp: [Ovmsdev] iOS App v1.2.0
The iOS App v1.2.0 has been approved by Apple, and should appear on the iTunes App stores around the world within the next few hours. Those users with the app already installed will be prompted to update.
This version includes full support for the v1.2.0 car firmware and functions such as starting/stopping charge, changing charge mode and current, lock/unlock car, valet mode on/off, features, parameters, etc. It also includes new graphics and a more polished look-and-feel (with thanks to Felix for all his hard work on this).
Please note that you should ensure you are running car firmware v1.2.0, or later, to get the full functionality of this, as well as the latest Android, App.
Talpa Holding N.V.
Zevenend 45 - 1251 RL Laren
P.O. Box 154 - 1250 AD Laren
T +31 35 53 33 553
E MRamakers at talpa.tv
Chamber of commerce registration number 32083875
Talpa Holding is part of the Talpa Group
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in relation to the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Neither the sender nor the represented institution are liable for the correct and complete transmission of the contents of an e-mail, or for its timely receipt.
OvmsDev mailing list
OvmsDev at lists.teslaclub.hk<mailto:OvmsDev at lists.teslaclub.hk>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 1525 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the OvmsDev