[Ovmsdev] 0% SOC Reported in v1.5 Roadster

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Mar 7 08:45:04 HKT 2012

Tom,

Scott451's original (ground breaking) post is at:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/4388-iPhone-app/page2?p=49456&viewfull=1#post49456

He talks there about the 2008 roadster, and confirms 1MHz bus speed.

Your confirmation of the wales gps location and 0 SOC means the module is definitely not getting any can bus messages.

It is either a faulty board, or some other incompatibility.

Can you ask Cathy (she is your hardware support, right?) to check the continuity on connections on the MCP2551P and pins #23 and #24 on the PIC CPU?

Do you know anyone close by with a 2.x roadster that you could plug the module in, to rule out 1.5 vs 2.x incompatibility?

Regards, Mark.