[Ovmsdev] Android development

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Jun 25 20:38:54 HKT 2012

Android Emulator: Seriously?

<RANT>Good grief. I thought Apple's decision to use a i386 target for their simulator (emulator) was a bad idea (with all that cross-compiling nonsense), but the Android ARM target running on my Macbook is appallingly sluggish. I thought I was doing something wrong, but then realised that a 60 second login was the norm!</RANT>

I thought it would be fun to try to build the Android App myself, but this is not fun ;-)

Trying the new Intel x86 Android 4.0.3 image now...

Regards, Mark.