[Ovmsdev] Roadster charge interrupted - new substate code

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Jun 13 21:28:25 HKT 2012

Interestingly, I just got an alert that charging was interrupted on my roadster, just a few minutes into its scheduled (timer-delayed-charge) 9pm charge.

Before the charge, I got
Sub-State: 0x02 (scheduled start)
State: 0x0E (wait schedule)

After interruption, I got
Sub-State: 0x0D (previously unknown)
State: 0x0C (previously unknown)

Error on the car VDS was "External Charger Problem" ID:1084, and charge port was flashing red. The HPC charger on the wall had a ground-fault protection red light on.

I cleared the HPC fault, and restarted charging. All seems ok, and can bus is now showing:
Sub-State: 0x05 (timer wait)
State: 0x01 (charging)

Looks like we've found a new set of fault codes.