[Ovmsdev] Volt/Ampera CAN Logs

R. Scott Perry spamfree4 at rscott.org
Sat Jun 2 02:27:17 HKT 2012

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information on the crtd format.  I've added support for
that and the can-do csv format to the program I have that analyzes CAN
log files.  Mine isn't nearly as sophisticated as can-re-tool, but it
has been helpful for me.  I've just placed mine online at
http://www.evtools.info/CanAnalyzer.htm .  It, too, is a work in progress.

It requires Windows, and runs from a command prompt.  "CanAlayzer
playback [filename]" plays back the log file, showing all CAN IDs on the
screen.  "CanAnalyzer analyzeid [ID] [filename] > output.htm" will
generate an HTML file that does some analysis of a specific CAN ID to
see what numbers appear there.  It's certainly not ready for the general
public, but might give you some ideas.
                      -Scott