[Ovmsdev] OVMS Hardware v2.0

William Petefish william.petefish at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 17:52:22 HKT 2012

I'd say option 2.

I've looked into some processors. The one that the roadster uses in the vms
(LPC2294) is a little overkill but it would work as you can load a linux
kernel onto it. (and there are plenty of dev boards.) The LPC1768 is also a
good choice as the best dev kit is the
mbed<http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9564>which uses a web-based IDE
and is USB natively upgradable. (Note: Both
require the MCP2551 or the TJA1048.)

As I remember you can use a serial GLCD w/ SD slot as your display.
Something like this <http://www.sparkfun.com/products/11075>.

My $0.02, spend it wisely.
William