[Ovmsdev] Volt/Ampera CAN Logs

R. Scott Perry spamfree4 at rscott.org
Fri Jun 1 21:19:14 HKT 2012

Hi Mark,

I'll go ahead and send you some log files.

I would be interested in the format you are using for can-re-tool -- I
haven't found anything else out there that logs CAN "monitor all" data
to a log file.  It would be nice to have a common format.

I did some experimenting yesterday, and was not successful in finding
anything directly related to charging.  The best I found was another
number indicating power flow to/from the battery.  I logged all the data
that was sent while unplugging the cord and plugging it back in, and
then "played back" the log file on the screen (where I can see all the
CAN data, and watch it change).  There is a lot of data (11,758 lines
for just over 8 seconds of logging), so there could be something in
there I missed.  Or it may be on a different bus.

After the car is turned off, it looks like the CAN data stops about a
minute later.  If I press the unlock button on the remote, the CAN data
will start again.  If I am in the car, stepping on the brake pedal will
normally start it up again.
                         -Scott