[Ovmsdev] MAX942

William Petefish william.petefish at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:09:56 HKT 2012

Danger Will Robinson!

I have done exactly what is being described before. My advice, don't do it.
For reliable operation the 3.3v parts need to be isolated from the 5v
parts. You run a very real risk of burning out the circuit if you power a
3.3v device from 5v or even attempt comms without a level translator.
(found this out the hard way with a rather expensive PCB.) At the very
least you'll shorten the life on the GSM unit by running over voltage.

William