[Ovmsdev] v2 Basic Hardware

William Petefish william.petefish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:42:14 HKT 2012

The BeagleBone is shipped with a copy of Angstrom Linux pre-loaded. The
pre-loaded distro can be overridden with a distro of our choice. All that
needs to be done is to have some scripts written for it. It can connect via
WiFi right out of the box if you are really familiar with the bash and can
work over ssh. (May need package updates to do it though.)

*Admittedly most (if not all) linux CAN drivers are still buggy and we
might even have to code for the hardware provided.*

Additionally the Readme for the bone can be found
here<http://beagleboard.org/static/beaglebone/latest/README.htm>
.

I don't think that option 2 is possible with the current GSM module. (I
could be proven wrong though.) It takes a lot of processing power to make
that work. Even my phone gets warm when I do it.

William