[Ovmsdev] Firmware enhancements -> 1.2.0-rc4

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Feb 19 12:57:28 HKT 2012

Jack,

No. Not completely. My big test the other day found the edge case: If the charging is aborted by some line problem (breaker-trip, slide-to-stop, etc), then pilot goes true->false.

My issue is that the pilot bit comes in on a different message than the charger status. If we miss a message (entirely possible), or the car sends the charger status _before_ door status (which has the pilot bit), then we would miss it.

I think it is much safer to work off the charge state and sub-state, as they are in the same CAN message so we have to race conditions to deal with. Particular as the sub-state seems to record by-request - and if that works for all cases it gives us exactly what we need.

Regards, Mark.