[Ovmsdev] little problem/feature needed/debug

Michael Stegen michael at stegen.com
Sat Feb 18 06:01:57 HKT 2012

Sonny, Mark, others,

Thanks, the new update fixed the charge mode issues.

Some bugs:

I'm seeing the same two digit PIN limit now.

Also, setting the Charge current, causes a forced close of the app.
(might be related to the beta ICS version i have on my phone right now)

The app also shows SMS/Paranoid Mode Password.
Aren't those two different params? The app shows the SMS password "OVMS"

Somehow the notification mode setting is displayed as SMS only, instead
of "SMS, IP" I changed it in the app, rebooted the module, but it
doesn't stick. (at first i tought it did, but now it's back to "SMS" only)

Regards, Michael

Op 17-2-2012 17:16, William Petefish schreef:

> Hard reset performed. Module working again.
>
> Pin entry still limited to 2 characters.
>
> William
>
> On Feb 17, 2012 10:05 AM, "William Petefish"
> <william.petefish at gmail.com <mailto:william.petefish at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Problem confirmed still. Module doesn't seem to be responding even
>     after the reboot request.
>
>     Another popped up, pin entry in app limited to 2 characters.
>
>     William
>
>     On Feb 17, 2012 8:34 AM, "William Petefish"
>     <william.petefish at gmail.com <mailto:william.petefish at gmail.com>>
>     wrote:
>
>         Mark,
>
>         Will Do.
>         Waiting on it now.
>         I'll run a test after I get out of my first class.
>
>         William
>
>         On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Mark Webb-Johnson
>         <mark at webb-johnson.net <mailto:mark at webb-johnson.net>> wrote:
>
>             Michael,
>
>             I just tried from the iPhone App I'm working on, and all
>             seems ok.
>
>               * Car was not charging, standard mode with limit 13A on
>                 a 70A HPC.
>               * I sent a charge mode command to RANGE mode, and car
>                 switched to range mode, started charging at 13A and
>                 reported charging,range.
>               * I sent a charge mode command to STANDARD mode, and car
>                 switched to standard mode, while charge continued at
>                 13A and reported as charging,standard.
>               * I sent a charge limit command to 32A, then car sent
>                 back limit 32A and within a few seconds increased the
>                 current at the car to 32amp.
>               * I sent a charge limit command to 70A, then car sent
>                 back limit 70amp and within a few seconds increased
>                 the current at the car to 70amp.
>

>             Sonny says he has fixed the Android App charge mode and
>             the version in the market should be ok now. Can you try that?
>
>             If the new version has not yet been released, perhaps
>             selecting performance mode will enter range mode (assuming
>             3=2 and 4=3)?
>
>             Regards, Mark.
>
>             On 17 Feb, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
>
>>             Michael,
>>
>>             I tried issuing the commands manually on the can bus and
>>             can switch modes shown on the VDS.
>>
>>             N.B. There is a bug in the Android App on the marketplace
>>             - it gets the mode numbers wrong (I guess 0..3 not 0,1,3,4).
>>
>>             I'm implementing this in the iPhone App tonight, so
>>             should be able to test later.
>>
>>             Regards, Mark.
>>
>>             On 17 Feb, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Michael Stegen wrote:
>>
>>>             I can confirm that switching between charge modes does
>>>             not work 100%.
>>>             I tried switching to range mode, and then start charging
>>>             from the app.
>>>
>>>             The battery indicator in the car changes, i.e. the top
>>>             of the battery is visible.
>>>             Range does not change, also charge mode visible on the
>>>             VDS does not change (still standard charging)
>>>
>>>             On the (Android) app , it's shows the same. After i
> [...]

Stegen Electronics
Kwartslaan 95
3162 RD Rhoon
The Netherlands