[Ovmsdev] PUSH notifications

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Feb 17 12:26:53 HKT 2012

Jack,

Thanks for the feedback.

> I sent the hello world message to our car and received push notifications on both my iPad and iPhone.

Excellent. I also made a change to the APNS PUSH server code, and it should now be beeping for you. You can turn it off in Settings/Notifications if you don't like it.

> The only odd thing was my iPad was in landscape and the notification came in on the side.  I'm using the 202 server.

Not my problem ;-)

Thanks, Mark.

P.S. Now PUSH is back working for me (it seemed to be just a developer build problem, and testflight builds are ok), I can get back to testing the Stop charge notification. I don't get cellular signal (or SMS messages) at home - which suggests either the antenna and cellular modem in the car are fantastic to keep getting signal even in the garage, or the iPhone 4S reception sucks - take your pick.