[Ovmsdev] 1.2.0 Release Candidate

Michael Stegen michael at stegen.com
Tue Feb 14 07:57:00 HKT 2012

Hi Mark,

Havent found any bugs yet.. Looking good so far.
It was a bit weird not to get a SMS after the charge finished, but then
i realized this is how it's suppposed to be.

One small thing, i received push messages , and the time displayed is 24:53
shoudn't this be 00:53?

Tomorrow i will drive around a bit, and do some more testing

-Michael

Op 13-2-2012 2:57, OVMS Developers schreef:

> Dear Developers,
>
> We finally have a feature complete release candidate for the OVMS
> software. At this stage, we would like to get this deployed to as many
> cars as possible to work out any final bugs.
>
> This release candidate is version 1.2.0-rc3, and you can find it on
> github in the master branch.
>
> To upgrade your car to this version, just flash the firmware as normal
> (remember to set the flags to preserve EEPROM or you'll have to reset
> the parameters - the experimental config has these flags set correctly
> for upgrades).
>
> There are two changes that might impact you:
>
>  1. This version has support for the GSM-only/GPRS-enable switch on
>     the PIC board, so please take care with this. You will need the
>     switch OFF in order to get GPRS connectivity. If you see the usual
>     red-green alternating LED sequence then a solid green without any
>     red light blinking, the switch is probably in the wrong position
>     (you should try it in the other position, then reset the module).
>
>  2. This version re-works the old compile-time #define statements to
>     be run-time FEATURE settings. The only one important is the WRITE
>     enabled can bus, which is feature #15. To enable this feature,
>     send a SMS to the car (from your registered phone) "FEATURE 15 1",
>     and then reboot the module.
>

> Compared to the v1.0 firmware, there are a huge number of enhancements
> in v1.2. The biggest of these are:
>
>   * FEATURES (write-enabled CAN bus, location streaming, minimum SOC
>     alerts, etc).
>   * Optional digital speedometer experimental code
>   * Improvements in miles->km conversions
>   * Improvements in modem initialisation and control
>   * Fixes for support of sub-zero temperatures and battery pre-heating
>     before charging
>   * Watchdog timer support
>   * App->Server->Car command support, including:
>       o Start/Stop Charge
>       o Set charge mode
>       o Set charge current
>       o Activate/Deactivate Valet Mode
>       o Lock/Unlock Car (doors only - alarm and immobiliser cannot be
>         deactivated where fitted [non-US cars])
>       o Feature list and set
>       o Parameter list and set
>       o Wake up car
>       o GPRS utilisation
>   * Social group subscription
>   * Ambient temperature monitoring
>   * Many more vehicle parameters sent to server (including speed,
>     direction, altitude, charge states, doors, etc)
>

> The Android App (in the market) already has experimental support for
> most of these new features, and the iPhone App is currently being
> extended (and we should have an experimental testflight release this
> week).
>
> We will most likely have a few more release candidate releases before
> final end-user firmware is cut, but we would like to get the current
> 1.2.0-rc3 installed in as many cars as possible, in the next few days
> [...]

Stegen Electronics
Kwartslaan 95
3162 RD Rhoon
The Netherlands