[Ovmsdev] How to help

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Feb 13 10:34:58 HKT 2012

Guys,

A few developers have asked me how they can best help out.

Here is what we have at the moment (in no particular order, and apologies if I've missed anything):

Mark W-J (me): iOS App and finalising the 1.2 car firmware
Michael S, Jack W: car firmware (particularly the can bus area)
Sonny C: Android App, simulator, car firmware (particularly modem work)
Felix B: Graphics
Pierre U, Piotr P: Debugging sub-zero temperature issues
Udo W: Offered to help with Android
Manuel M: Drupal module (Web App) for car registration
Oliver W: hardware module design
Andrew B: Use of OVMS as a data logger for other projects
Several: Helping users get this deployed, and debugging hardware issues ;-)

Weak points that I see are (a) server, (b) high-level functions (charging options, trip and charging logs, etc), (c) server (drupal) web apps, and (d) applicability to other EVs (eg; Leaf). But, there is so much that can be done, please feel free to jump in wherever - please just let us know what you are doing.

The most important thing at the moment is testing, and acting as regional support for an end-user release (helping with installation and support for your part of the world). Please update to the 1.2.0 release candidate firmware, and try out the new functions. Let us know what doesn't work (and probably just as importantly, what works for you).

If anyone has access to older (v2.0, v1.5) cars, or non-metric cars (USA?), please try the module in those cars and let us know the result.

Regards, and thanks,
Mark.