[Ovmsdev] sprintf / crashes

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Dec 21 23:42:00 HKT 2012

Mark,

sorry, been busy :)

I've just merged and checked all your latest changes on both branches,
everything's ok and pushed up to date now. I read the diag data
definition when I needed the simulator but did not recognize it was not
ROM... the linker memory map is very helpful in identifying the
ressource usages, I already searched for that function.

>>> Going forward, do you still want to maintain and work off your
>>> clone, or would it be easier if I just gave you write access to the
>>> main project? Your contributions are so helpful and good, that there
>>> is little I am having to do other than just accept them :-)

I feel honored :-) I've no personal preference for my clone repo. Beta
code can always be pushed as a separate branch first. So let's go
forward :-)

> Still looking, but I reckon the problem is more likely to be sprintf()
> or library based than our net / net_msg / sms handlers.

I also think so, especially as my current firmware has been a lot more
stable than before the sprintf() rework. I'll rewrite the complex
sprintf() calls in the net modules next.

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal