[Ovmsdev] RFC: Battery status MSG protocol

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Dec 15 06:53:47 HKT 2012

Mark, List,

Am 04.12.2012 20:43, schrieb Michael Balzer:

>       o type (integer type code)
>
> For general purpose type codes, maybe some classification scheme would
> make sense? Maybe adopt some standard scheme already defined for
> automotive data? ...if there is one...

It seems there is none suitable, so here's my attempt at defining one.
Please comment.

Type classification scheme:
     id size: 32 bit integer

Generic / standard props:

     0x 0000 C PPP

Vehicle specific props:

     0x VVVV C PPP

     VVVV = Vehicle ID
         0001 = Tesla Roadster
         0002 = Tesla Model S
         0003 = GM Volt / Opel Ampera
         0004 = Renault Twizy

C = Class:

...main classes:

     0 = Power
     1 = Engine
     2 = Transmission
     3 = Chassis
     4 = Body
     5 = Electrics

...auxiliary classes?

     6 = Safety                (Chassis, Body, Electrics)
     7 = Security            (Power?, Body, Electrics)
     8 = Comfort                (Chassis, Body, Electrics)
     9 = Entertainment        (Body, Electrics)
     a = Communication        (Body, Electrics)

     b = reserved
     c = reserved
     d = reserved
     e = reserved
     f = reserved

PPP = Property
     ...allowing for 4096 properties per class.

--
Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal