[Ovmsdev] sprintf / crashes

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Dec 30 22:42:43 HKT 2012

Mark,

could you please audit & test this?

https://github.com/markwj/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System/commit/ad17c2662942536bc391cee282debbfcdd2ae2f5

I've reworked most of the complex sprintf() calls in the net and net_msg
modules now. I also added a simple crash debug & checkpoint utility to
be able to measure the effect and possibly narrow down remaining
occurrences. It seems I've gained a lot of stability, had only two
watchdog timeouts during the last week, no stack problems at all.

I hesitate to merge into the master because I currently have link /
connectivity problems, especially during driving. I introduced a GPS
logging to optimize my antenna positions and managed to get some really
nice tracks three days ago, so I don't think this is related to my
changes... but I'm not 100% sure. I tried different antenna positions
and another GSM network, but the connection keeps dropping when moving
the car, and GPS position updates need minutes. Could be weather
conditions ...or some tricky race condition bug?

Thanks,

Michael Balzer * Paradestr. 8 * D-42107 Wuppertal