[Ovmsdev] OVMS OBDII Cables now available

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Dec 19 16:20:39 HKT 2012

We received the cables yesterday, and they look good. The factory seems to have done a good job. I tested 5 - all ok - and even put one in my wife's Nissan to power up an OVMS module. Now, if only her car had a can bus :-(

OVMS vehicle cables for connection to can-bus equipped OBDII vehicles are now available from our FastTech logistics partner. You can find them here:

    OVMS OBDII Cable @FastTech

This cable connects the OVMS module to the vehicle CAN bus, via the industry standard OBDII socket. It is 1 metre in length, and uses a right-angle OBDII plug (J1962-M) to help with cable management and routing.

The cable is intended to be used in Renault Twizy, Chevy Volt, Opel/Vauxhall Ampera, and other cars using OBDII connectors.

OVMS OBDII Cable Pinout

J1962-M   DB9-F   Signal
4         3       Chassis/Power GND
6         7       CAN-H