[Ovmsdev] RFC: Battery status MSG protocol

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Dec 17 14:37:34 HKT 2012

This has been completed, and is now live on both tmc and development OVMS servers.

Server identifies itself as 2.1.1-20121216.

It was implemented in three places:

A new "H" record type - not stored in the carmessages table, but inserted with a timestamp into historicalmessages.
A new command 31 - retrieving a summary of what historical data the server has for the vehicle.
A new command 32 - retrieving detailed historical data records of the specified type.

I haven't implement data expunging yet. It is actually a one-liner, but I've left it out on purpose, since I want to see what data is added to make sure everything works correctly.

Michael: Can you try to send your battery data with this new "H" type, and let me know when done so I can check server storage.

It is a pretty simple change to the sample client_app.pl code to retrieve the summary and/or detailed historical records, if you want to see for yourself.

Regards, Mark.