[Ovmsdev] Wrong Roadster Data

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Dec 17 08:42:59 HKT 2012

Tom,

I think this is definitely Michael's can-bus-lockup issue.

The problem seems to be that if the can bus overflows (or gets some other sort of error?) then it sets a flag in the controller, and the controller won't deliver any more messages until the flag is cleared. The bus still has messages, but they don't get to the OVMS App. The OVMS code in the car will keep reporting the old bus values - the only indication would be the stale indicators would all go stale as there were no more messages seen by the code.

What Michael has done for the Twizy code (where he was seeing this often) is to add a once-a-second check for the can bus error flag, and clear the controller error condition if he sees it. He reported that solved his problem.

With the v2 code we are working on, I'm taking his can bus error clear code and making it a standard for all cars. The roadster code will benefit from this.

I think that if you reset the module (either sms RESET, or use the smartphone module reset function), the error should clear (as a reset will re-iniitialse the can bus controller. Can you try this? You'll know if it works if the SOC immediately switches to the correct value.

Regards, Mark.