[Ovmsdev] Alarm messages

Jack West jackduncanwest at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:00:59 HKT 2012

On US 2.5 Roadsters the VDS shows "deactivating PIN lock" and  requests the PIN to shut off the alarm.  Using the key FOB to lock or unlock will also shut off the alarm.  I'm curious if the VDS  could be spoofed into sounding the alarm when the car is locked, by sending a message on the bus that says the door is open.  It also seems that if the VDS always shows the PIN message when the alarm is sounding then it should be possible to send an alert via OVMS.

I don't have a CAN bus tool but I also don't have any neighbors to complain about car alarms continually sounding.