[Ovmsdev] Note to self...

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Apr 11 08:57:48 HKT 2012

Note to self:

Before spending an evening trying to work out why my car's OVMS module data and incoming SMS is working, but outbound SMS messages won't send, check pre-paid SIM card expiry date.

That's 3 hours of my life I can't get back :-(

Note to cellular providers:

When you expire something, please expire all related services. Otherwise, it is damn confusing.

When you deny outbound SMS messages, due to expired SIM, please still permit the SMS message to check account balance / pin :-(

Happy 6 month anniversary, OVMS - we've come a long way ;-)